Protecting public water systems is a great responsibility. You are tasked with the health and safety of your constituents. Providing them with safe, potable drinking water requires trained and certified individuals who understand the importance of cross-connection control and backflow prevention.
Preventing backflow incidents requires stringent education and access to current information in order to prepare and maintain qualified individuals for installing, testing and repairing backflow assemblies.
The Backflow Prevention Institute helps you ensure that the individuals working in all parts of the cross-connection control industry have the training, certification and skills necessary to protect the potable water systems on which we depend.
IAPMO's Backflow Prevention Institute training is designed to provide students with the knowledge to successfully pass any examination required by the state or local authority having jurisdiction. BPI has designed this comprehensive training to provide the necessary skills to confidently take the certification examination of AWWA, ABPA, ABC, ASSE and many others.
The Backflow Prevention Institute can provide these vital education programs at your location and on a schedule that meets the need of your company or jurisdiction.
The program is flexible to meet your local jurisdictional needs:
• Allows for more stringent area requirements
• Allows for local field test procedures
• Customized training in local or state code requirements
• Educates individuals on isolation and containment protection
More and more cities, states and local jurisdictions are recognizing the need to have in place programs and regulations concerning the installation and testing of backflow assemblies. They also recognize the need to regulate the qualifications of the individuals testing and repairing these assemblies.
IAPMO BPI Provides Quality Comprehensive Backflow Prevention Training Program
• Safe and sustainable water protection
• Convenience of training within your jurisdiction
• Cooperation with other partner organizations extends the network
• Classes taught to third edition of IAPMO Backflow Prevention Reference Manual
• Increased confidence in individuals installing, testing and repairing this vital protection doing the work – Validation of independent training
The IAPMO Backflow Prevention Institute is the industry leader in the training and certification of individuals working in all facets of the cross-connection industry. From plumbers to water company personnel to sprinkler fitters and irrigation professionals we provide the specialized instruction and certification needed in the ever expanding and constantly changing industry.
The Institute provides certification classes in:
• Backflow Testing
• Backflow Repair
• Cross-Connection Surveying
• Cross-Connection Administration
• Fire Sprinkler Backflow Testing
• Building, Plumbing, and Mechanical inspector
• Cross-Connection Training
Click to see all available courses
Download Training Services tri-fold brochure