• The publisher reserves the right to accept, classify, cancel,edit or reject any advertisement for any reason.
• The publisher shall have no liability whatsoever by reason of any error in connection with any advertisement (including without limitation, failure to publish advertising, additions or omissions to advertisements). The publisher shall not be responsible for and shall incur no liability for errors or misprints beyond agreement to publish a make-good ad in a space equal to the size occupied by the error.
• Advertisers or their agents are completely responsible for the ad content which is submitted and printed (including logos, photos, and copy), and shall hold the publisher harmless against any demands, claims or liability arising from the publication of said advertising.
We support the following Macintosh media formats:
• DVD ROM (returned upon request only)
• CD ROM (returned upon request only)
• E-mail (Adobe Acrobat PDF documents (.pdf) or compressed files such as .bin, .sit, or .zip)
• FTP site access is available upon request for file delivery through the Internet. Contact Official for information.
Artwork / Supported Applications
Preferred submissions are either TIFF format (flattened, CMYK @ 300 dpi) or PDF format (High-Res/Press Ready).
We also support: QuarkXpress v. 8, Adobe Illustrator v.8 – CS3, Photoshop v. 7 – CS3. Take care in preparing your Acrobat PDF files to ensure all fonts, etc., appear correctly before sending. Designs created in drawing programs like Illustrator should be saved in *.art, *.ai or *.eps format (with preview) and included with the layout. If you link or embed images, you must include these images with the file. Provide all fonts or convert to outline curve. Convert all Pantone spot colors to CMYK
Display Advertising Four Color Rates
Inside Front (+40%)
Inside Back (+30%)
Back Cover (+50%)
Specific page placement (+15%)
Ads may be provided by the customer or prepared by the design department at IAPMO. Charges for layout, design, and copywriting are billed at $70 per hour (other charges may apply).
Who Reads Official
• PDF proofs will be provided at no cost for review and approval. In the event that an advertiser desires a matchprint or other color proofing method, the cost of any such service, including shipping, will be billed at cost plus 15%.
• Minor changes or corrections to advertisers’ digital files are provided free of charge.
• Note: Advertisers who do not complete their frequency contract within their contract year will be short-rated to the appropriate earned rate. Cancellations cannot be accepted after space closing date. Advance payments are non-refundable.
IAPMO’s Official magazine is produced on the Mac OSX platform using QuarkXpress v. 8. (no Pagemaker or MS Publisher,
Note regarding fonts:
Postscript fonts only; both printer and screen must be provided. Files, images, fonts, etc. should be included with your ad. DO NOT apply keyboard commands for bold or italic fonts. Use the bold or italic font face when needed. Additionally, please provide a hard copy of your ad (b/w or color).
Scan color images and artwork according to the specifications below:
Save images/photos in CMYK mode and include all images with the layout.
Save black and white line art in bitmap/TIFF/ eps format.
Do not LZW compress or save as JPEG.
Scale and rotate images as needed BEFORE placing them in the layout.
Allow at least 1/8" bleed for trim when design requires.
No RGB images. Convert your images to CMYK or grayscale at 300–350 dpi at 100% size.
Crop unnecessary portions of the images prior to placing them into your ads (i.e., do not provide a 50 MB image 10" square if you only need a 2" square image).
Do not submit 72 dpi images downloaded from the web.
If you choose to use digital photos (taken with a consumer camera) be sure that you have made and reviewed a suitable color proof prior to submission to assure that you are happy with the result – we do not re-tune submitted digital images.
Please provide a contact person/phone number in the unlikely event that we have problems with your file.
Call IAPMO if you have any additional questions regarding your ad preparation.
Ad Sizes (live area)
• Live area for the publication is 7.5” W x 10” H
• Bleed is only offered on full page ads at no additional cost and must extend from final trim size by 1/8" in all dimensions.
• Trim size: 8.5” by 11”. Page numbers are typically not included in full bleed ads.
15% commission to recognized advertising agencies. No commission allowed on creative services, production, negatives or other non-space charges.
Payment and Cancellation
Payment is due by the deadline for space reservation unless prior arrangements have been made. Visa, MasterCard and American Express are accepted. The publisher reserves the right to pull any advertising not paid in accordance with the specified terms.
Advertising may be cancelled without penalty up to the deadline for space reservation. Ads cancelled after the space deadline will be billed at 50% of the space rate. Ads cancelled or not provided after the deadline for materials will be billed at 100% of the rate.
General Conditions of Sale
Publisher may refuse to accept advertising from any customer for any reason. These reasons may include, but are not limited to, objectionable or offensive content, misleading claims, content that refers to or denounces competitors, or advertising that does not relate to the subject areas covered by Official magazine. The publisher reserves the right to use his/her sole discretion as to the suitability of any advertisement. Accounts more than 30 days past due are subject to credit hold and may have advertising cancelled without notice.
Advertisers may combine placements in all IAPMO magazines for a maximum frequency discount.
Call for more details.
Inquiries, space reservations and submission materials should be directed to:
4755 E. Philadelphia Street, Ontario, CA 91761
Download a printer friendly copy of rates
Download an Advertising Insertion Order