The Green Supplement is a separate document from the Uniform Plumbing and Mechanical Codes and establishes requirements for green building and water efficiency applicable to plumbing, mechanical, and solar energy (both hydronic and photovoltaic) systems. The Green Supplement serves as an adjunct to the Uniform Codes or ANY of the plumbing and mechanical codes used in the US.
The supplement is not a “greener” version of the Uniform Codes, but rather, the Green Supplement:
• Serves as a repository for provisions that ultimately will be integrated into the Uniform Codes. The Green Supplement is a logical transitional home for green requirements until they are fully accepted by industry and are ready to be included into the code.
• Serves as a resource for progressive jurisdictions that are implementing green building and water efficiency programs.
• Is an enforcement aid for existing green ordinances
• Is a model for jurisdictions implementing green ordinances
• Serves as a resource for inspectors, plumbers, contractors, engineers and manufacturers in designing, installing and approving green plumbing and mechanical systems.
• Is written in voluntary language and in a format similar to the Uniform Codes.
• Maintains IAPMO philosophy of a focused industries specific document to minimize the need for additional codes and standards.
• Coordinates and resolves conflicts among other green building and water efficiency program requirements.
Where applicable, the Green supplement establishes:
• Minimum sustainability provisions – “Raising the bar” as with all Uniform Codes
• Health and safety provisions to ensure green practices are safe and reliable
• Minimum performance, design, installation and maintenance requirements
2015 GPMCS (order here)
2012 GPMCS (order here)2010 GPMCS 1st Printing Errata
2012 GPMCS 1st Printing Errata (pdf download)
)2010 GPMCS 2nd Printing Errata