Your Trusted Resource
Water efficiency - Helping to address water scarcity through smart code development
- The Uniform Plumbing Code® was the first model plumbing code to adopt comprehensive provisions for rainwater catchment systems and gray water systems into the body of the code
- Participation from diverse subject matter experts helps prevent unintended consequences, keeping our plumbing systems safe
- IAPMO’s Green Plumbing and Mechanical Code Supplement® is regarded as the gold standard for codified water-efficient plumbing provisions
- Developed the Green Plumbing Designers course in partnership with ASPE to provide the best information to engineers tasked with sustainability
- IAPMO is a proud partner in the U.S. Water Partnership, providing practical experience on efficient water use in homes and buildings. Please visit http://uswaterpartnership.org to learn more!
- IAPMO’s dedicated government relations specialists provide our members with access to legislative and regulatory policy makers at all levels of government
Helping to lead the way through research and standards development activities:
- In 2008, IAPMO founded the Plumbing Efficiency Research Coalition. This collaborative effort is conducting science-based research to help avoid unintended consequences of water efficiency.
- Partnerships with academia -- IAPMO supports research at the University of North Carolina’s Water Institute
- We provide leadership in ANSI’s Energy Efficiency Standardization Coordination Collaborative (EESCC), helping to address gaps in industry standards to advance energy and water efficiency