You already have a career as a highly skilled craftsman and have reached the level of expertise in the plumbing and pipefitting industries where you get the job done right.
You are a vital part of the construction force, dedicated to keeping America safe, healthy and strong.
To progress further in your career, you probably know by now that you need to pursue lifelong training, and maybe even certification, in specialized areas due to the increasingly complex and challenging work that must be done by the modern craftsman.
You know you need to develop more complex skills while expanding your expertise because these skills will make you even more valuable to employers. This will get you the highest wages in the industry. You may even want to start your own company.
Or you may have a passion to be at the forefront of your craft by being a leader in some capacity.
Or you may want to help lead the way in the industry through participation in the organization that develops and promulgates the very safety code regulations that exercise control over the construction with which you are involved in your daily work; the very same codes that were integrated into the superior training that prepared you for your career as a highly skilled craftsman.
Be Involved – Be part of the Solution
Contractors have a voice and a vote in the ANSI-accredited consensus Uniform Code development process — the entire industry is represented, ensuring that no special interest can dictate content. Strong codes protect professional contractors from unscrupulous installers; practical codes should not be just more “red tape.”
Why Codes Matter to Contractors
- Compete on a level playing field
- Maintain quality workmanship
- Maintain meaningful minimum standards
How IAPMO Membership Benefits Contractors
- Provide source for state licensing and renewal required CEUs
- Convenient – online, in classroom or at chapter meetings
- Cost effective/economical
- Confidence in learning from the authors of the most comprehensive plumbing and mechanical codes
- Answer line for code questions (800-201-0335)
- Trusted Marks of Conformity for products installed
- Problem-solving networking with peers
- Quarterly Official magazine subscription — keeps you updated
Providing installations that take the printed code language from page to practice requires a vast amount of experience coupled with exceptional training. Being a construction professional brings with it great responsibility. Every installation you work on protects the health and safety of people who use the home, workplace or school. Your training and skills put you on that job — are you ready to increase your knowledge in your chosen profession and take the steps to differentiate yourself from the crowd?
Differentiate your skills/company
- Backflow prevention assembly inspection and repair
- Green Plumbers training — helping your customers become more water efficient
- Radiant heating and cooling design and installation
Certificate versus license
- Demonstrable technical skills
- Professional recognition
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction codes and standards
Members Only section of website
- Uniform Code questions, Answers and Analysis search engine
- Archives of Official and DW&BP magazines — information is power
Job Bank – career movement
- Open doors for career enhancement
Discounts on publications and seminars
Your IAPMO membership is a small but important investment in your chosen profession. Joining IAPMO helps you stay informed about the most current codes, code changes and educational materials available throughout the industry.