As of July 1, 2016, IAPMO began administering certifications and renewals for plumbing inspectors, mechanical inspectors, plans examiners, and California plumbing and mechanical inspectors.
What does this change mean to you?
• All certification renewals from July 1 to November 30, 2016, will have an extended grace period until December 1, 2016, to accommodate for the transition time.
• IAPMO is currently updating the website and certified professionals directory for new and existing certifications. The update will focus on making the certification process more user friendly; any changes to the certification process will be effective as of September 1, 2016.
• IAPMO is designing new and more flexible ways for future and current licensees to manage their certifications by recognizing approved Continuing Education and providing easy access to new renewal options and initial certification.
• Since the changes being made are significant, new certification testing will be on hold until September 1, 2016.
• IAPMO is updating all certification procedures so that it is guided by and fully integrated with, available training, making it easier to study and find guidance. However, we know that actions will speak louder than words. IAPMO will publish a free webinar where we walk you through the initial and renewal certification process. This webinar will be available starting in September 2016.
This new phase for the IAPMO Certification Program, including new infrastructure and processes, will continue to provide the industry with the most established and technically sound standard for competency certification. The new direction allows industry supporters a significant advantage by partnering with IAPMO for their certification needs.
Please contact IAPMO Training, Education and Certification Department at (877) 427-6601 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Sponsor of the Uniform Codes, IAPMO® — The International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials — works in concert with government and industry for safe, sanitary plumbing and mechanical systems.