Have you been tasked with making sure your office is run in a more fiscally responsible manner?
You are tasked with the health and safety of your constituents. Add (or in this case subtract) departmental budget constraints and the problems are compounded.
You need a team that can provide you and your community with the strongest set of codes at a cost that does not cause undue financial hardship and factors long-term performance into the new and remodeled buildings in your jurisdiction. You need codes that demonstrate the best the industry has to offer. Simply adopting a “family” of codes is not going to solve your issues.
The Uniform Codes do not try to be all things to every segment of industry. They are designed as focused, comprehensive, discipline-specific, turnkey documents. This approach to code development yields specific tools that are enforceable rather than interpretative while remaining flexible to embrace new technology as it enters the built environment. These prescriptive codes protect the public and the jurisdiction from time- and resource-consuming field interpretations by setting standards that all segments of the industry can easily understand.
The Uniform Codes have a number of built-in free technical advantages:
- Conservative plumbing sizing is designed for the long-term use of the building
- Fewer problems as building ages
- Free telephone hotline (800-201-0335) for anyone with a question or in need of a code section interpretation – your team, your constituents and your contractors working in your jurisdiction.
- Free code books and training to the state and municipal code enforcement personnel who adopt the Uniform Codes for the first time
- Resources to modify the Uniform Codes to meet the needs of local jurisdictions at no additional cost. This helps to speed adoption and reduces AHJ costs and staff time. Ultimately, this helps to keep your jurisdiction competitive for attracting new business.
- Online Answers and Analysis for common questions and consensus interpretations to code sections.
Single source and comprehensive does not require multiple code books.
- One turnkey book
- Saves cost of books
- Streamlines training program
Proven seamless integration with other model building codes
Plumbing should be done correctly the first time as changes cost: