|It takes more than great aesthetics to satisfy the client
Designing an aesthetically satisfying and client-pleasing kitchen and bathroom is difficult enough. The fixtures you select must also meet the product standards for performance and material content. We give you the “short cut” to knowing your design choices also meet the practical, long-term needs of the customer.
Your customers’ safety is paramount — you require the knowledge of all plumbing and mechanical systems, standards, and codes. Your customers have access to an entire world of choices — you need professional tools to assist them in making choices that meet the requirements of the plumbing and mechanical codes.
You already have a career as a highly skilled designer and have reached that level of expertise in the industry where you want the job done right. You know you need to develop your expertise beyond the aesthetics to increase your value to your clients.
You need the codes to be understandable to you and your customers. Knowing that Uniform Codes tightly define how your fixtures work into the overall design demonstrates your commitment to high standards.
Receiving exposure to the most current construction products and services cannot be underestimated. IAPMO periodicals are your inside track to the latest code and safety standards and product information.
Wouldn’t it be great to have a team of industry experts at your disposal to address your specific technical code question without an associated fee? With IAPMO, you get access to a network of members who are expert problem solvers. You get access to IAPMO’s technical staff providing answers and analysis to technical code questions through a free answer line for code questions.
Be Involved – Be Part of the Solution
Architects and designers have a voice and a vote in the ANSI accredited consensus Uniform Code development process — the entire industry is represented, ensuring that no special interest can dictate content.
You can shape future code regulations by embracing the opportunity to participate in the development of new editions. You can help amend the codes by proposing modifications to provisions and commenting on changes made by others. Strong codes protect the professional designers’ business from unscrupulous installers — practical codes should not be just more “red tape.”
Why Codes Matter to You
Your projects are judged by more than your design; you are also scrutinized for how good the installation works and looks:
- Compete on a level playing field
- Maintain quality workmanship
- Maintain meaningful minimum standards
- Trusted marks of conformity for products installed
Providing installations that take the printed code language from page to practice requires a vast amount of experience coupled with exceptional training. Being a design professional brings with it great responsibility. Every project you work on protects the health and safety of people who use the home, workplace, or school. Your training and skills put you in front of that client — are you ready to increase your knowledge in your chosen profession and take the steps to differentiate yourself from the crowd?
Differentiate your skills/company
- Know more than aesthetics — know the technical aspects so you and your customers make great choices
- Green Plumbers Training — helping your customers become more water efficient
- Radiant heating and cooling design and installation is available for the small as well as large project — increasing the comfort and the value your customers place in your design
- Professional recognition of working with other industry professionals
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction codes and standards
Members Only section of website
- Uniform Code questions, Answers and Analysis search engine
- Archives of Official, Backflow Prevention & Plumbing Standards, and Drinking Water & Backflow Prevention magazines — information is power
- Discounts on publications and seminars — architects and designers should know what is in the code
Your IAPMO membership is a small but important investment in your chosen profession. Joining IAPMO helps you stay informed about the most current codes, code changes and educational materials available throughout the industry.