The deadline to submit an abstract for the seventh biennial Emerging Water Technology Symposium (EWTS), to be held May 10-11, 2022, in San Antonio, has been extended to Dec. 3.
We are seeking presentations from experts on the following topical issues:
• The water-energy nexus (pipe sizing, hot water design, smart metering technologies)
• Educational and behavioral issues (waste water/”flushables,” showering and bathing safety issues, ramifications of pricing)
• Water efficiency in buildings
• Water quality issues
• Alternate water sources
• 3-D modeling for plumbing and mechanical applications
• Policy- and regulatory-based presentations on water-related issues
• Other topics addressing improved levels of sustainability and safety in water distribution and premise plumbing
Submission forms may be downloaded from the EWTS website.
The symposium will be co-convened by the American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE), the Alliance for Water Efficiency (AWE), the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO), and Plumbing Manufacturers International (PMI), in cooperation with the World Plumbing Council (WPC).
“The co-conveners of the seventh biennial Emerging Water Technology Symposium are incredibly excited to be bringing this event back in person in San Antonio, Texas,” said Tony Marcello, IAPMO’s senior vice president of Training and Credential Services. “It is due to this excitement that we are extending the date for the submission of abstracts in an effort to ensure we put together the most interesting, timely, and innovative program to discuss new technologies and water-related issues.”
The EWTS provides a unique opportunity to meet well-known experts from across the globe. Participants are able to discover ideas and approaches about emerging technologies coming to market; learn about innovative green plumbing and mechanical concepts; view presentations; and engage in timely discussions on how the water utility, manufacturing, engineering and trade industries have found solutions through emerging technologies for the water efficiency, plumbing and mechanical industries.
Individuals interested in presenting should submit their abstract to Maria Bazan at firstname.lastname@example.org.