IAPMO-BPI provides training toward professional certification in backflow prevention. Our courses prepare students for each credential identified in the ASSE/IAPMO/ANSI Series 5000 professional qualification standards:
The Institute's certification programs include:
- Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester
- Backflow Prevention Assembly Repairer
- Cross-Connection Control Surveyor
- Fire Sprinkler System Cross-Connection Control Tester
- Backflow Prevention Program Specialist/Administrator
The Institute also offers the Backflow Prevention Reference Manual and Tech-Wheel as essential resources to aid in
protecting the potable water supply.
Each course includes an American Society of Sanitary Engineering certification exam at the conclusion of the training. These ASSE certifications are recognized by model plumbing codes in the United States, including the Uniform Plumbing Code. IAPMO-BPI is dedicated to water system safety through plumbing-code compliance and supports the ASSE certification program.