IAPMO provides a flexible and convenient test-taking with our FLEX (Flexible Exam) testing option. This remote online proctoring functionality enables IAPMO to provide our test takers with the flexibility to complete their exam remotely, in a secure and convenient environment when it best fits into their schedule and without having to travel to a testing center. Remote proctoring allows us to uphold the integrity of our exam administration process while providing a new, modern, and convenient way for candidates to earn their professional credentials.
FLEX is a flexible proctored exam option for you to take an exam in the privacy of your own home or quiet office environment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This is simply just an additional choice for you to have the flexibility to take your exam for a day and time that works best for you. This option will in no way eliminate or replace our other paper and pencil or computer-based exam options.
FLEX allows you to take your certification exam via a webcam from your home or office computer. You will be recorded and the exam session will be reviewed.
This option is designed to make taking your exams remotely as simple as possible.
- Google Chrome (download Google Chrome)
- You must have the most updated version of Google Chrome: to update go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95414
- You must also turn off pop-up blockers
- The "Proctorio" Chrome extension (to install click here: getproctorio.com)
- A working webcam and microphone
- A good internet connection
- Drivers License or State ID
- A private quiet room with no interruptions (No TV or Music in background. No talking)
- A clean working space. Only the allowed materials (if any) are accepted
NOTE: You will NOT be able to take the exam using your phone or iPad. Android/iOS Chrome is not supported to download the Proctorio Chrome Extension.
Registering is fast, easy and convenient. Just click on the following link Registration Form which will take you to IAPMO’s registration form where you the take the following steps;
1. Select the appropriate code year and certification you would like to take.
2. Select the FLEX option.
3. Proceed to checkout.
You will receive an email from a member of the certifications team within 1-2 business days confirming registration and providing you with clear directions on how to schedule your exam.
When you are ready to take your exam you will follow the below steps. More details will be included in the emailed directions.
Please make sure you are in a private quiet room (No TV or Music in background. No talking). Your working space must be clear.
- Restart your computer, which will free up available memory (RAM).
- Login to the testing platform
- Once you select the exam, the proctoring software will start automatically.
- You will be taken through a series of pre-checks. These will establish and verify your internet connection, operating system, camera & microphone. You will be asked to share your screen.
- You will be required to show an acceptable form of ID. (Driver’s License or State ID ONLY)
- Once you’ve made it through the pre-checks, you are set to start the exam
Once you complete your exam, you will immediately see your exam results on-screen and receive an email with your results as well. Please allow 3-4 weeks for your credentials to arrive.